Performer: John Adams, London Sinfonietta & Kronos Quartet
Title: Gnarly Buttons & John's Book Of Alleged Dances
|1||Put Your Loving Arms Around Me||8:32|
|2||Hammer & Chisel||1:11|
|3||Judah To Ocean (Reprise)||2:31|
|4||Judah To Ocean||2:32|
|5||Rag The Bone||3:00|
|7||Hoe-Down (Mad Cow)||5:45|
|8||John's Book Of Alleged Dances|
|9||The Perilous Stone||9:55|
|10||Pavane: She's So Fine||6:32|
|15||Ständchen: The Little Serenade||4:53|
|7559-79465-2||John Adams, London Sinfonietta & Kronos Quartet|| John Adams, London Sinfonietta & Kronos Quartet - Gnarly Buttons & John's Book Of Alleged Dances (CD, Album)||Nonesuch||7559-79465-2||Europe||1998|
- Banjo, Mandolin, Guitar – Steve Smith (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Bassoon – John Orford (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Cello – Christopher Van Kampen (tracks: 12 to 14), Joan Jeanrenaud (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Clarinet – Michael Collins (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Composed By – John Adams
- Conductor – John Adams (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Design – John Gall
- Double Bass – Lynda Houghton (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Edited By [Editing Assistant] – Jeanne Velonis (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Engineer – Geoff Foster (tracks: 12 to 14), Kees De Visser (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Chris Haynes (tracks: 2), John Klepko (tracks: 1, 3 to 11)
- Engineer [Recording] – Craig Silvey (tracks: 1 to 11)
- English Horn – Gareth Hulse (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Executive-Producer – Robert Hurwitz
- Liner Notes – John Adams
- Mastered By – Paul Zinman
- Photography By [Booklet] – Jim Krantz
- Photography By [Cover] – Valerie Schaff
- Producer – Judith Sherman (tracks: 1 to 11), Philip Waldway (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Sampler, Piano – David Maric (tracks: 12 to 14), Shelagh Sutherland (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Technician [Electric Tapes Prepared By] – Mark Grey (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Trombone – David Purser (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Viola – Hank Dutt (tracks: 1 to 11), Roger Chase (tracks: 12 to 14)
- Violin – David Harrington (tracks: 1 to 11), Joan Atherton (tracks: 12 to 14), John Sherba (tracks: 1 to 11), Rebecca Hirsch (tracks: 12 to 14)
Tracks 1 and 3 to 11 recorded at Skywalker Sound, Nicasio, CA in August 1996.
Track 2 recorded at Skywalker Sound in August 1995.
Tracks 12 to 14 recorded at Air Studios, London, England in July 1997; edited and mixed at Galaxy Classics, Mol, Belgium.
Mastered at SoundByte Productions, NYC.
Liner notes written in Berkeley, CA in January 1998.
"John's Book of Alleged Dances was commissioned for the Kronos Quartet by the California Center for the Arts, Escondido.
Gnarly Buttons was commissioned by the London Sinfonietta and by Present Music, Milwaukee, WI."
Jewel case packaged in O-card.
℗ & © 1998 Nonesuch Records for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States
Published by Hendon Music Inc., a Boosey & Hawkes company (BMI).
Manufactured by W.E.A. Manufacturing, Inc.
Made in the USA.
- Barcode (Text): 0 7559-79465-2 9
- Matrix / Runout: wea mfg. OLYPHANT Y3964 M1S6 2 79465-2 01
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L903
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2U3H
- Pressed By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – Y3964
- Recorded At – Skywalker Sound
- Recorded At – Air Studios
- Mastered At – Soundbyte Productions
- Mixed At – Galaxy Classics NV
- Edited At – Galaxy Classics NV
- Published By – Hendon Music, Inc.
- Manufactured By – WEA Manufacturing Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nonesuch Records
- Copyright (c) – Nonesuch Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.