Benny Goodman, His Orchestra, Quartet and Sextet - The Great Benny Goodman FLAC
|1||Sing Sing Sing|
Written-By – Prima
Bass – Artie BernsteinDrums – Nick FatoolGuitar – Charlie ChristianPiano – Fletcher HendersonSaxophone [Sax] – Buff Estes, Bus Bassey, Jerry Jerome, Toots MondelloTrombone – Ted VeseleyTrumpet – Jimmy Maxwell, Johnny MartelWritten By – Baldridge - G. Stone - BonimeWritten-By – Baldridge, G. Stone, Bonime
|3||Down South Camp Meetin'|
Written By – Henderson - MillsWritten-By – Henderson, Mills
|4||King Porter Stomp|
Written-By – J. R. Morton
|5||Memories Of You|
Bass – Artie BernsteinDrums – Nick FatoolGuitar – Charlie ChristianPiano – Fletcher HendersonWritten By – Razaf - BlakeWritten-By – Razaf, Blake
|6||One O'Clock Jump|
Written-By – Basie
|7||Bugle Call Rag|
Written By – Pettis - Meyers - SchoebelWritten-By – Meyers, Schoebel, Pettis
|8||Stompin' At The Savoy|
Written By – Goodman - Webb - SampsonWritten-By – Goodman, Webb, Sampson
|9||Don't Be That Way|
Written By – Goodman - Sampson - ParishWritten-By – Goodman, Sampson, Parish
Written By – Jolson - B. RoseWritten-By – Jolson, B. Rose
Written By – Hudson - De Lange - MillsWritten-By – De Lange, Mills, Hudson
- Bass – Harry Goodman (tracks: A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5)
- Clarinet – Benny Goodman
- Drums – Gene Krupa (tracks: A2, A4, A5, B1, B2, B4)
- Featuring – The Orchestra, Sextet, Quartet
- Featuring [With] – Gene Krupa, Harry James , Lionel Hampton, Teddy Wilson
- Guitar – Allen Reuss (tracks: A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5)
- Liner Notes – George Avakian
- Piano – Jess Stacy (tracks: A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5), Teddy Wilson (tracks: A2, B1, B4)
- Saxophone [Sax] – Art Rollini (tracks: A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5), Babe Russin (tracks: A6, B3, B5), George Koenig (tracks: A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5), Hymie Shertzer (tracks: A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5), Vido Musso (tracks: A4, A5, B2)
- Trombone – Murray MacEachern (tracks: A4, A5, B2), Red Ballard (tracks: A1, A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5), Vernon Brown (tracks: A1, A6, B3, B5)
- Trumpet – Chris Griffin (tracks: A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5), Harry James (tracks: A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5), Ziggy Elman (tracks: A1, A4, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5)
- Vibraphone – Lionel Hampton (tracks: A2, A3, B1, B4)
Full title on front cover is "Columbia Presents The Great Benny Goodman - Original Performances of the Benny Goodman Classics in Swing Featuring: The Orchestra, Sextet and Quartet with Harry James, Gene Krupa, Teddy Wilson, Lionel Hampton and many other great jazz artists"
BG25: Benny Goodman Silver Anniversary: Commemorating 25 years on records.
Category on jacket: CL 820
Category on labels: CL-820
Track A1 written as 'Let's Dance' on the jacket and 'Let's Dance (Theme Song)' on the label.
A high fidelity recording. Litho in Canada. Made in Canada.
Tracks A4, A5, B2, B4 recorded in 1937 during radio broadcasts.
Tracks A2, B1 recorded on January 16, 1938 at Carnegie Hall by the Orchestra.
Tracks A6, B3, B5 recorded on January 16, 1938 at Carnegie Hall by the Orchestra.
Track A1 recorded on October 24, 1939.
Track A3 recorded on November 22, 1939.
- Matrix / Runout (Side I label): x"Lp" 37318
- Matrix / Runout (Side II label): x"Lp" 37319
- Matrix / Runout (Side I runouts): XLP37318-2E
- Matrix / Runout (Side II runouts): XLP37318-1F